A vibrant community
- Put in place the Sunshine Coast Social Strategy – to ensure our community continues to thrive and our residents continue to enjoy a lifestyle that sets us apart.
- Improving community access to facilities by allocating more than $22 million since 2012 for new or upgraded community facilities.
- A massive major events program for the community to enjoy and from which local businesses to benefit.
- Provided on average, $7.5 million in grants each year to community organisations to help deliver improved services, programs and facilities for our residents.
- Established the Disaster Management Hub – providing our community with real time access to flood maps and council and state controlled road closures during an emergency situation.
- Ensuring new communities – like Aura (Caloundra South) and Palmview – are provided with the community facilities they will need, without a residual cost to existing ratepayers.
- Allocating more than $180 million since 2012 to improve and maintain the accessibility and safety of our local road network.
Sunshine Coast well and truly on world stage as an Intelligent Community The Sunshine Coast made history today, putting the spotlight on our innovative, healthy, smart and creative region on the world stage in New York.
Sunshine Coast Falcons 32 defeated Burleigh Bears 16. Twelve wins on the trot for our undefeated Falcons. Well done boys! The rainbow was a positive indicator.