Big Air Community Broadband has been selected by Sunshine Coast Council to provide enhanced, free WiFi broadband in 24 locations for a one-year trial beginning mid-December. And in a separate announcement, Sunshine Coast Airport has just begun a...
A vibrant community
- Put in place the Sunshine Coast Social Strategy – to ensure our community continues to thrive and our residents continue to enjoy a lifestyle that sets us apart.
- Improving community access to facilities by allocating more than $22 million since 2012 for new or upgraded community facilities.
- A massive major events program for the community to enjoy and from which local businesses to benefit.
- Provided on average, $7.5 million in grants each year to community organisations to help deliver improved services, programs and facilities for our residents.
- Established the Disaster Management Hub – providing our community with real time access to flood maps and council and state controlled road closures during an emergency situation.
- Ensuring new communities – like Aura (Caloundra South) and Palmview – are provided with the community facilities they will need, without a residual cost to existing ratepayers.
- Allocating more than $180 million since 2012 to improve and maintain the accessibility and safety of our local road network.