A strong economy
- A clear blueprint has been put in place to transform the Sunshine Coast economy through the Regional Economic Development Strategy 2013-2033.
- Our Strategy is contributing to record levels of business confidence and more than $10 billion in new public and private investment is either committed or in the pipeline
- A strong focus on jobs:
– the Maroochydore City Centre is underway – will provide 10,000 jobs over the life of the project
– the Oceanside Health Hub – the public hospital is coming out of the ground and the entire Health Hub will provide approximately 6,000 jobs when completed and
– generating nearly 2,000 jobs from businesses that we have attracted to the Coast or encouraged to expand (eg. Youi).
- A new Planning Scheme for the whole Sunshine Coast has been put in place, providing greater certainty for the community and for investors.
- Opening the Sunshine Coast up to the world – supporting more Sunshine Coast businesses (like RADAQUA) to access new export markets.
- Assisting local businesses to access opportunities – last year alone, our Council spent $169 million with local businesses given our commitment to spend locally to help business grow and prosper.
Sunshine Coast well and truly on world stage as an Intelligent Community The Sunshine Coast made history today, putting the spotlight on our innovative, healthy, smart and creative region on the world stage in New York.
Sunshine Coast Falcons 32 defeated Burleigh Bears 16. Twelve wins on the trot for our undefeated Falcons. Well done boys! The rainbow was a positive indicator.