A vibrant community
- Put in place the Sunshine Coast Social Strategy – to ensure our community continues to thrive and our residents continue to enjoy a lifestyle that sets us apart.
- Improving community access to facilities by allocating more than $22 million since 2012 for new or upgraded community facilities.
- A massive major events program for the community to enjoy and from which local businesses to benefit.
- Provided on average, $7.5 million in grants each year to community organisations to help deliver improved services, programs and facilities for our residents.
- Established the Disaster Management Hub – providing our community with real time access to flood maps and council and state controlled road closures during an emergency situation.
- Ensuring new communities – like Aura (Caloundra South) and Palmview – are provided with the community facilities they will need, without a residual cost to existing ratepayers.
- Allocating more than $180 million since 2012 to improve and maintain the accessibility and safety of our local road network.
Congratulations @sc_lightning on a brilliant come from behind win over ladder leaders the Sydney Swifts. Your professionalism and ‘never say die’ attitude is a wonderful example to all. Cheers
Tonight Lorrell and I joined the executive, guests, parents and students of the Womens College at Pier 33. Thanks for having us.
Enjoying ourselves at the Steps Winter Ball. The 30th anniversary event at the new SCCC Twin Waters attracted a record crowd of 550 and was a great credit to founder, Carmel Crouch and her team. Congratulations.