Sunshine Coast Council has committed to protect over 500 hectares of land with known koala habitat under a state-wide conservation program. Council has entered into a Conservation Agreement with the state government to protect and manage 15...
An environment and lifestyle that is second to none
- Expanding Council’s environmental land holdings since 2012 to 2761 hectares, with further acquisitions in the pipeline. More than 15% of the total conservation estate has been purchased under the Jamieson Council.
- Fostered the largest Land for Wildlife membership of any council in Queensland, with 866 participating properties.
- Continuing to work hard to improve the water quality and catchment for the Pumicestone Passage. Protecting the Passage has been a key priority for our Council in negotiating the infrastructure agreement for Caloundra South.
- Advocating strongly with the Queensland Government for the preservation and protection of our Regional Inter-urban break between Moreton Bay and the Sunshine Coast.
- Spending over $2.1 million on coastal dunal rehabilitation and shoreline erosion management.
- Committing to a 15MW utility scale grid connected solar farm – by the end of 2016, 100% of Council’s electricity needs will be provided from a renewable source.